Workshop on LGB affirmative practice
Workshop on LGB affirmative practice with Dr Ananya Sinha, RCI certified, PhD NIMHANS. Over 10 years of clinical and teaching experience!
LGB affirmative practice ‘‘affirms a lesbian, gay, or bisexual identity as an equally positive human experience and expression to heterosexual identity’’ (Davies 1996) and provides a set of guidelines for treating gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals in a culturally competent manner.
The workshop will help develop the knowledge, attitude and skills required for affirmative practice with LGB individuals.
Highlights of the workshop:
- Need for LGB affirmative practice
- Being LGB informed: Challenges of a Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual in a heterosexually constructed world
- Unique stressors: Family, social relationship, education, economic and workplace issues
- Basic tenets of LGB affirmative practice
- LGB affirmative vs LGB biased practice
- Latest APA practice guidelines for LGB clients
- Values, principles and practices of LGB affirmative counselling/therapy
- Strength perspective
- How LGB affirmative are you?
The workshop will include interactive discussions using case vignettes and experiential exercises. Handouts and self-directed assignments will be provided.
Submit form and Add to Basket to complete payment and register!
Out of stock